Experience and Expertise
James is an experienced litigator specialising in dispute resolution. He takes instructions in a wide variety of matters, including commercial and civil litigation, trust disputes, immigration matters, copyright infringement and property disputes. He has acted for private individuals, corporations, state entities and religious institutions.
- Commercial and civil litigation
- Public Law
- Immigration law
- Trusts & Charity law
- Intellectual Property & Copyright
- Wills & Probate
- Landlord & Tenant
- Housing Disrepair
- Advising trustees on a claim for breach of contract against an offshore trust.
- Representing a client in a claim against a UK bank for unlawfully withholding funds.
- Representing an international Ukrainian company in litigation involving claims for breach of contract.
- Representing a religious institution in an application for judicial review against the UK Government.
- Assisting a UK-based company with claims for breach of contract against a variety of different companies in different jurisdictions.
Before he became a solicitor, James lectured in public law and human rights law at several universities, including the University of East London, University of Essex and SOAS (University of London). He also worked for the Crown Prosecution Service and as a case worker for the Local Government Ombudsman.
LLB (Hons), BCL, LPC.