James is an experienced litigator specialising in dispute resolution. He takes instructions in a wide variety of matters, including commercial and civil litigation, trust disputes, immigration matters, copyright infringement and property disputes. He has acted for private individuals, corporations, state entities and religious institutions.
- Commercial and civil litigation
- Public Law
- Immigration law
- Trusts & Charity law
- Intellectual Property & Copyright
- Wills & Probate
- Landlord & Tenant
- Housing Disrepair
- Advising trustees on a claim for breach of contract against an offshore trust.
- Representing a client in a claim against a UK bank for unlawfully withholding funds.
- Representing an international Ukrainian company in litigation involving claims for breach of contract.
- Representing a religious institution in an application for judicial review against the UK Government.
- Assisting a UK-based company with claims for breach of contract against a variety of different companies in different jurisdiction.
Before he became a solicitor, James lectured in public law and human-rights law at several universities, including the University of East London, University of Essex and SOAS (University of London). He also worked for the Crown Prosecution Service and as a case worker for the Local Government Ombudsman.
LLB (Hons), BCL, LPC.